Pontoon bridge washed away after sudden water release
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
"We received a PCR call at 6.57 pm from PWD officials informing us that the Wazirabad bridge gates had been opened without an announcement. They said the water was flowing over the bridge posing danger to human life and traffic. Accordingly, two PCR vans were dispatched immediately to stop traffic on the pontoon bridge," said a senior police officer.
The lack of communication between the government departments was evident after the Flood Control and Irrigation Department insisted that no bridge had been washed away.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations