Poorna Jagannathan goes green
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Actor Poorna Jagannathan of Delhi Belly fame will appear in a brand-new ad for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India and will be seen posing next to the words "I Am Poorna Jagannathan, and I Am a Vegetarian". Poorna also sported a PETA T-shirt that reads, "Eat No" followed by a sketch of a cow. "I believe in conscious and kinder eating I don't want to eat anything that had to brutally suffer to end up on my plate, said Jagannathan and added, "Besides, a vegetarian diet equals a healthier diet: we're less at risk for obesity, cancer, high blood pressure and many more life-threatening diseases. Jagannathan joins a growing list of actors, athletes and other celebrities including Lara Dutta, Shahid Kapoor, Sonu Sood, Amrita Rao, R Madhavan and Monica Dogra who have starred in pro-vegetarian ads for PETA India.
Farhan Akhtar is brand ambassador of McDowell's No. 1
McDowell's No 1, India's largest alcohol beverage brand by volume and by retail value has signed up Bollywood star and director Farhan Akhtar for its soda extension. Farhan, along with Purab Kohli, Cyrus Sahukar, Zoa Morani and Meiyang Chang, will feature in a TVC going on air this week. This is the first instance of McDowell's No. 1 signing up brand ambassadors since its launch four decades ago. The brand has brought alive the promise of Dosti Ka No.1 Spirit, through unique big ticket activations including multi-city musicals with Bryan Adams, Enrique, Bollywood music directors, Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy and Vishal and Shekhar.
According to Ashok Capoor, President and Managing Director, United Spirits Limited, "McDowell's No. 1 represents the social aspirations of today's youth. Spending time with friends is paramount for them. The McDowell's No.1 group of friends echo these sentiments and situations that anyone can easily identify with. The new TVC is themed on the number one spirit of friendship and showcases interesting friendship moments appropriately for McDowell's No. 1."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow