Pop sensation Enrique Iglesias arrives, to rock city today
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors vs Delhi Daredevils
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Following his performance in Pune, Enrique will also visit Delhi on October 19 and Bangalore on October 21 as part of the Micromax Enrique Iglesias Tour.
International popstar Enrique Iglesias landed at Pune International Airport on Tuesday evening, ahead of his first concert in the city scheduled on Wednesday.
Waving to the cheering crowd at the airport, he said, "It feels great to be back in India. The last time I was here was in 2004. It has been many years but I'm happy to be here."
Flying directly from Los Angeles in a 22-hour chartered flight, the singer did not exhibit travel fatigue though he admitted that he needed some rest before the concert.
"I had to fly for 22 hours and now I am just going to get some rest at the hotel. The main thing is to get as much rest as possible and I have one day off between each of the concerts," said Enrique.
Following his performance in Pune, Enrique will also visit Delhi on October 19 and Bangalore on October 21 as part of the Micromax Enrique Iglesias Tour. The artiste said he was excited about the gig and performance before the Indian audience.
"I want to thank everyone for all the support; all the fans and radio stations here play my song," he added.
He expressed his desire to try some Indian food during his multi-city tour, "I want to walk around the city and just try some good food while I'm here," he said while signing an autograph for a fan.
Meanwhile, at the venue at Amanora Town Centre in Hadapsar, the production team from Only Much Louder and Enrique's team worked hard to set up the stage and check all the systems. The popstar is reportedly very particular about technical details and stage preparations. His technical team and band arrived at the venue a day before the singer arrived for the concert.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet