Pope Benedict XVI to make first appearance since resignation shock
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
His decision was seen by some as a bid to avoid the fate of Benedict's predecessor John Paul II, whose drawn-out and debilitating illness was played out on the world's stage.
The Vatican has insisted the pontiff suffers from nothing worse than arthritis and old age. After Ash Wednesday Benedict will hold another general audience and recite the Angelus twice from his apartment window on St. Peter's Square before retiring to a secluded monastery, the Vatican added.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet