Posco Land acquisition halted for the day, police withdrawn
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The children went in a procession shouting anti-government and anti-Posco slogans from Patana village to Gobindpur-Mangala Chhak, where about 300 police personnel were camping since Sunday.
Besides the children, a large number of women also joined the protests.
"We are ready to sacrifice our lives for protection of our land and homes," PPSS women's wing chief Manorama Khatua said.
Superintendent of Police Satyabrata Bhoi directly accused the PPSS president of instigating the villagers.
"The police have been maintaining maximum restraint and not responding to provocation from protestors. There is absolutely no violence."
The police also accused the PPSS of using the schoolchildren as a human shield
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM