Post attack on CRPF camp, curfew imposed in Srinagar
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A curfew was today imposed in Srinagar district following the death of a youth in CRPF firing in Zoonimar area of the city.
"Curfew will be imposed in Srinagar district after midnight," District Magistrate Srinagar Baseer Ahmad Khan had told PTI last evening. A 22-year-old youth was killed yesterday when CRPF personnel allegedly opened fire after coming under attack by a group of stone pelters in the Zoonimar area.
The vehicle of CRPF personnel was on its way to SKIMS hospital, where the victims of Bemina terror attack were admitted, when it came under attack, sources said.
The sources said the CRPF personnel were heading for SKIMS hospital to donate blood for their colleagues injured in the terror attack.
Two militants and five CRPF jawans were killed and 11others seven CRPF personnel and four civilians were injured in the suicide attack on their camp at around 10.45AM yesterday.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’