Posters lampoon adhir, trinamool denies hand
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Cutouts of Mamata Banerjee, flags of Trinamool Congress and anonymous cartoons depicting Adhir Chowdhury as a criminal were seen on both sides of the roads leading to Bell Institute in Kanchrapara. Although the Trinamool Congress denied any involvement in putting up the posters and cartoons, locals said they were put up by Trinamool activists. The posters showed Chowdhury carrying a bag of criminal case files. "Rail-er file er chap besi na criminal case er chap beshi? (Which file is weightier? Is it the file of criminal cases or the files of the Railways?" read a poster. Local Trinamool MLA Subhrangshu Roy said he knew nothing about the posters. "We have only put up party flags, festoons and cutouts of Mukul Roy and Mamata Banerjee because we have a meeting today. I do not know anything about anonymous posters and cartoons," he said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'