Post-food, alcohol and sex, friends conspired to murder hair stylist: cops
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
- Just in: Pune Warriors withdraw from the Indian Premier League
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
The young hair stylist, found murdered in his south Delhi home, had food, alcohol and sex at his place where he had invited three friends only to lose his life in their hands on the fateful day, a senior police official said today.
Bimal Gurung, the brand ambassador of 'Karastase Hair Products', was murdered at his Vasant Vihar residence a week ago allegedly by his friends who were arrested yesterday.
Gurung used to work at a prominent saloon in west Delhi. The arrested have been identified as Nand Kishore (24), Dalip Sharma (27) and Pradeep Kumar (24). Kumar, who along with Kishore was in jail till 2010 in a murder case, was already in custody in connection with a vehicle theft case.
"One of the accused, Nand Kishore, allegedly used to have sexual relations with the victim who used to pay him," DCP (South) Chhaya Sharma said.
The trio had on the intervening night of September five and six allegedly murdered Gurung and looted his house, Sharma said. Kishore was Gurung's friend and he along with his friends allegedly conspired to rob him.
"Gurung was net-savvy and was heavy user of cellphone. There were numbers of calls made on the mobile number of the victim from different local phone booths. Police traced the owner of the mobile from which Gurung got the last call.
"He (the owner) told police that three persons at Ber Sarai borrowed his mobile for making an urgent call. A private CCTV at a house came to our help and the mobile owner identified the three men. Their photographs were distributed and we got a tip-off yesterday which led to the arrests from R K Puram," the DCP said.
Kishore and Sharma were arrested and their interrogation lead to Pradeep who was already in police custody.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held