PPS officers’ seniority list uploaded on website: Govt to HC
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Punjab government on Wednesday told the Punjab and Haryana High Court that it had finalised the seniority list of Punjab Public Service (PPS) officers and uploaded it on the website concerned.
This information was submitted after the court of Justice R K Garg had termed Punjab's non-compliance in uploading the seniority list on the department's website as highly "contemptuous". Following its directions, Home Secretary D S Bains and IG (Headquarters) Arpit Shukla appeared before the court on Wednesday.
The court had summoned the officers while acting on a petition filed by retired PPS officer Kamal Kumar, who had sought contempt proceedings against Bains for allegedly wilfully and deliberately disobeying a high court order passed on April 10, 2008.
In the ruling, the court had directed the state to compile a seniority list keeping in view the vacancies (not the posts) at the time of recruitment. It had also directed the state to assign the seniority of candidates belonging to reserve categories. The case will now come up for hearing on February 7.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations