Prachi Desai to play princess in Vikram Bhatt's next '1920'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Actress Prachi Desai will be seen playing the role of a princess in the third instalment of Vikram Bhatt's horror franchise '1920'.
The 24-year-old, who made a successful transition from television to films with projects like 'Rock On', 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai' and 'Bol Bachchan', says she has never played safe in life.
"I am doing Vikram Bhatt's '1920'. It is a horror film, but I will not be wearing white clothes and coloured lenses or scary make-up. I play a princess in that film. I will have a wide range of looks in the film," Prachi said.
"The film is based in 1920 and we will be shooting in London. I have not done something like this so I am really looking forward to this. It feels good to experiment," Prachi said.
Produced under the ASA banner, the film will also mark the directorial debut of Tinu Suresh Desai. If everything goes as per plan, the film will be released next year.
The actress feels that it is good to keep doing different things. "I have never played safe in my life. My debut film was not safe at all. I was surprised when my director Abhishek Kapoor called me for the film. We were all new, we took a risk and it worked for us. As long as it is a good film, the role is good I don't think anything would stop me," Prachi said.
"'1920' is a successful franchise on its own, so a little of that will rub of on us... on part three. And also people have not seen me in a horror film. It is nice to keep doing
different things," Prachi said.
'1920' (2008) is a horror film written and directed by Vikram Bhatt. The film revolved around the events surrounding a married couple living in a haunted house in the year 1920.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow