Pranab fittest nominee: Guv
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
West Bengal Governor too has come out in support of UPA's presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee.
Speaking to mediapersons on the sidelines of a function of Nayar Society in south Kolkata, M K Narayanan said: "I believe Pranab Mukherjee is the most fit person to become the President of India.''
This will not be music to the Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's ears who has been opposing Pranab's nomination tooth and nail.
Though no official word came on the Governor's latest remark from the Chief Minister's Office at the Writers' Buildings, sources close to her said Mamata would not take Narayanan's support to Pranab lightly. "The Governor could support Pranab babu but he should not have said it openly. This will definitely once again sour the relations between the two," a senior leader of the party said.
The bonhomie between Narayanan and Mamata began with the latter coming to power. However, it fizzled out after Narayanan expressed his views on increasing campus violence and cases of atrocities against women. A time came, when the chief minister even stopped meeting the Governor on a regular basis. However, a month ago, the Governor praised Mamata's functioning as CM and relations between the two improved with him describing the KKR win as "real paribartan".
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow