Prashant keeps nerves to emerge victorious
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Among the 20-odd second round qualifying matches played in the men's category, none generated so much buzz as the encounter between Prashant Soodhmani and Jatin Mehra. This was the lone match of the day that went into a tie-breaker and till the last game, nobody knew who would emerge victorious.
And it was Prashant, with his never-say-die outlook, who stole the match from Jatin and won 8-7(1) in an exciting encounter of the CLTA-AITA Chandigarh Open-1 Lakh men and women tennis tournament played at the CLTA Stadium in Sector 10 on Saturday.
There was never a dull moment in the match as both the players matched shot for shot, power for power.
Prashant, however, managed to take the lead from Jatin and he held on the slender advantage till the end to emerge triumphant.
The other two matches that was agonisingly close were played between Yuvraj and Maninder and the second between Sahil Sachdeva and Arvind Singh. Yuvraj hit some solid groundstrokes from the baseline to put pressure on Maninder. As the match progressed, Yuvraj gained in confidence and wrapped up the match to win by 8-5.
Similarly, Sahil and Arvind went shoulder to shoulder till the end but Sahil kept his nerves and won crucial points that helped him win the match 8-6.
men's: singles: Yuvraj Singh bt. Maninder Singh 8-5, Paramveer Bajwa bt. Jayesh Solanki 8-1, Uttam Phogat bt.Harsimranjeet Singh 8-1, Sohrab Kunwar bt. Vikas Saini 8-3, Abhijeet Singh bt. Harsh Sisodiya 8-3, Prashant Soodhmani bt. Jatin Mehra 8-7 (1), Kamal K. Maderna bt. Avinash Bhardwaj 8-4, Sahil Sachdeva bt.Arvind Singh 8- 6, Sajender Singh bt. Shiva Kumar 8-3, Parampreet Singh bt. Nikhil Sandhu 8- 1, Santveer Singh Bhangoo bt. Manjot Singh 8-4, Bharat Bhardwaj bt. Sultan Atwal 8-1, Ankush Arora bt. Nitin Garg 8-0, Surinder Pal Singh bt. Sarthak Sidharth 8-2, Jitin Bishnoi bt. Yuvraj 8-1, Shrey Rawat bt. Shikhar Gaddh 8-3, Ayush Joshi bt. Yashdeep Singh 8-3, Sunil Kumar bt. Gurpinder Singh 8-1, Dhruv Goyal bt. Rahul Seth 8-3, Shashikant Ramani bt.Varun Chawla 8-4, Raja Singh bt. Prithvi Kanda 6-3 conceded, Kapil Ghoroiya bt. Sahil Bindal 8-0, Vikrant Dahiya bt. Vipul Sabharwal 8-1, Ashish Kapoor bt. Anmol Gupta 8-1, Mandeep Kumar bt.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held