Praveen abuses rival; referee pronounce him "mentally unfit"
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Indian paceman Praveen Kumar found himself in a fresh controversy after he reportedly abused an opposition player during a match of the BCCI's Corporate Trophy .
The incident happened after Praveen bowled a short-pitched delivery at Ajitesh Argal during the match between ONGC and Income Tax on Monday.
When Argal, who represented Income Tax team, checked with the umpire whether it was a no ball an angry Praveen started abusing the batsman prompting the on-field umpires to report the incident to match referee Dhananjay Singh.
It was learnt that the match referee has described Praveen as "mentally unfit" in his report to the BCCI.
In an earlier match also, Praveen has a ruckus with the crowd and the local cricket authorities had to ensure tighter security arrangements at the ground.
When asked whether any action would be taken against Praveen, BCCI's chief administrative officer Ratnakar Shetty said it was an internal matter of the board.
"It's an internal matter of the board and we cannot divulge anything at this stage," he said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held