Prem leaves Lakshdham reeling
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Dr. S Radhakrishnan Vidyalaya ran rhapshod over Lakshdham from Goregaon as they romped home to a comprehensive 10-wicket win in a Plate Group clash of the Mumbai Schools Sports Association (MSSA) Giles Shield tournament on Wednesday. With Prem Rajehsree starring with figures of 4/4, Radhakrishnan Vidyalaya blew away their opponents for just 30 in their essay before cruising to victory in a matter of minutes to bring the one-sided contest to an early finish.
There were other low-scoring contests elsewhere around the city as well with a number of teams either struggling to cross the 100-mark or just about reaching three-figures.
Kabir nanavati and Aryan Gupta took five and four wickets each to leave Borivali's Don Bosco in disarray, all out for 69 before the Vibgyor batsmen almost committed hara kiri and lost their way, before sneaking home with two wickets in hand. Despite Rohit Oze's spell of 5/10.
Ryan International and St Anne's High School were the only teams to reach 200 and they made the most of it, drubbing their respective opponents with massive victories, each with a margin of over 100 runs.
Brief Scores: Lakshdham (Goregaon) 30 all out (Prem Rajehsree 4/4) lost to Dr S Radhakrishnan Vidyalaya 31 for no loss; Don Bosco (Borivali) 69 all out (Kabir Nanavati 5/27, Aryan Gupta 4/8) lost to Vibgyor High (Goregaon) 71 for 8 (Rohit Oze 5/10); M H Gokhale Vidyalaya (Gorai) 100 all out lost to Abhinav Vidyamandir (Borivali) 101 for 7; Lilavatibai Podar (SC) 199 for 8 (Anand Williams 79) bt St Joseph (Malad) 101 all out (Atharve Pandit 4/23); Ryan International (Goregaon) 200 all out (Harshit Sinhania 39; Khush Rathod 4/38, Krishna Rupelia 3/38) bt Gundecha Education 98 all out (Harshit Singhaniya 4/41, Vishal Sivakumar 5/24); St Anne's High School (Bandra) 179 all out (Yash Chavri 51, Sayed Mohammad 36; Koshir Kakode 4/36) bt Kapol Vidyanidhi 83 all out (Yash Chavri 3/29, Sayyed Mohammad 5/21); Our Lady of Remedy (Kandivali) 184 for 8 (Kadam Suhrut 82 n.o.) bt Oxford Public (Kandivali) 84 all out (Dhanak Dharmit 5/26); St Anne's H S (Malad) 227 for 7 (Tabish Shaikh 34, Ansh Veer 32; Divyang Kothar 3/24) bt St Francis D'Assisi (Borivali) 75 all out (Vivek Sharma 6/27).
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’