Prez poll: CPI(M) favours non-Cong, non-BJP candidate
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Favouring a non-Congress and non-BJP candidate for the post of President, CPI(M) on Monday said it would be better to have a political person for the top post.
"As the post of President of the country is political, it would be better to have a political person in President House. Congress should decide name and try to make consensus. We prefer a non-Congress non BJP-candidate," all India CPI(M) general secretary S Sudhakar Reddy said while addressing a press conference here.
Terming Manmohan Singh as "worst" Prime Minister, Reddy said Singh was most inefficient on public issues but brave enough to serve the interest of US imperialism and corporate houses.
"Crony capitalism rose to new heights in his leadership. While wealth of corporate houses increased manifold, poor are not even getting food," he said.
Condemning UPA government for not allowing elected MPs to raise the issues of public interests in Parliament, Reddy said it was unfortunate that Parliament was meeting only 100 days in a year.
He said CPI should work hard for building a program based left democratic alternative to UPA and NDA.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held