Private schools object to UT withholding admissions
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Private schools in the city are a hassled lot. With the UT Administration withholding the entire admission process in all schools, the schools are blaming the Administration "unnecessarily delaying" the admissions, without any fault of theirs.
Aggrieved of the "arbitrary" instructions, the school authorities state, "The dispute pertaining to one school has been made an excuse to harass the other schools." Even after a week, the Administration has not withdrawn the instructions, taking the plea that it will await the outcome of petition pertaining to St Kabir School.
Madhu Bahl, Principal of KBDAV School Sector 7 said, "The issue relates to merely one school and our process is being unnecessarily delayed. Why should we be suffering because of them? We have been receiving queries from the parents everyday about the date of selection. The administration should bring in clarity over the arbitrary directions it had issued last week."
Further, Samuel Charles, Principal of Mount Carmel School Sector 47 said, "Now that the administration has issued the directions we will have to wait. But the further directions should have been issued by now since we all wished to complete the admissions before the winter break starting on December 24."
"Due to the delay and uncertainties in the schedules, we are facing criticism from the parents. It is a difficult situation for us since they have stopped believing us. More than the inconvenience caused to the staff members in managing the schedules, we are aggrieved over the dilemma of the parents," said Aruna Bhardwaj, Principal of Gurukul Global School, Manimajra.
Following the directions of High Court, the three member committee constituting District Education Officer Chanchal Singh, DPI(Schools) Sandeep Hans and UT Education Secretary VK Singh, today submitted its inquiry report on St Kabir's admission process.
Asked why blanket instructions have been issued to all schools while the petition in the High Court related to just one school, Sandeep Hans said, "The order of the High Court may or may not define the admission procedure for the school. To avoid a similar situation relating to the admission process being followed in other schools, we have asked all of them to wait for the court orders."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow