Priyanka Chopra named 'Sexiest Asian woman'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Bollywood superstar Priyanka Chopra has won the 'Worlds Sexiest Asian Woman' crown, according to an on-line survey conducted by a weekly magazine.
Priyanka, 30, defeated reigning champion Kareena Kapoor and three-times winner Katrina Kaif to claim the crown of sexiest Asian woman on the planet this year.
"Priyanka Chopra secured top spot with Kareena Kapoor coming second and Katrina Kaif third," Asian weekly Eastern Eye said.
A permanent fixture in the top three in recent years, the beauty queen turned A-list Bollywood star beat off very tough competition from some of the most stunning women from around the world.
"It has rounded off a dream year for Priyanka, which included a starring role in super-hit film Agneepath, delivering a superb performance in India's official entry to the Oscars, Barfi and launching an international pop career alongside chart-topping singer Will.i.am," the release added.
Clearly delighted with the win, Priyanka said: "I'm hugely flattered. Who wouldn't want to have a title like this bestowed on them! A big shout out to everyone who voted for me."
Eastern Eye showbiz editor Asjad Nazir, who annually puts together the popular list and is chairman of the judging panel believes a dream year will give Priyanka the perfect platform to possibly becoming a Hollywood star in 2013.
"The sheer diversity of the projects that Priyanka did in 2012 combined with her close connection to fans online worked in her favour and added to her already impressive fan base. That is why she was able to beat off pop stars, TV personalities, models and fellow film stars," said Asjad.
The biggest surprise of 2012 was the number of televisionactresses from India who entered the list for the first time. 'Ek Hazaaron Kein Meri Behna Hai' stars Nia Sharma, who came fifth and Krystle D'Souza on 9th became the first ever TV actresses from India to crack the top 10.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM