Priyanka Chopra's item song Babli Badmaash gets U/A certificate
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Priyanka Chopra's debut item song in Babli Badmaash Hai in Shootout At Wadala was initially granted an 'A' certificate on the grounds that it was an 'item song'.
But on Monday, the CBFC put Babli Badmaash through the Revising Committee, which cleared the track with 'U/A' certificate.
"After submitting Babli Badmaash for certification, we were informed that it would get an 'A' because it was an item track. We informed the CBFC that the industry was not aware of such a rule and that this would warrant a larger discussion between both parties. We were later told by the CBFC that there was no blanket directive and that songs would be certified according to their content," said Tanuj Garg, CEO - Balaji Motion Pictures.
According to reports, the CBFC had received a complaint from a Delhi-based
women's body regarding the commodification of women in item songs.
The CBFC's decision had the film's producers in a state of shock considering that this new rule had never been communicated to the film industry in the past.
The song will be unveiled on March 15.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held