Priyanka’s father-in-law found dead in guesthouse
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Rajinder Vadra, the father-in-law of Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in Room Number 6 of a guesthouse in Yusuf Sarai here this morning, police officials said.
Police said his body was found by an employee of a local stall who had gone to serve him tea at 9.30 am.
He was taken to Safdarjung Hospital where doctors declared him dead at 11.30 am. He was cremated in the Lodhi Road crematorium.
Among those who were present at the cremation were his son Robert Vadra, Priyanka Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi.
Police officials said that Vadra was ill
and had been discharged from hospital 12 days ago.
Seven years ago, a public notice on behalf of Robert Vadra was put out that he was dissociating himself from his father and brother Richard Vadra.
The notice said that claiming to be acting on Robert's behalf, they were promising jobs and other favours to people, in return for money.
It stated that the two were related to Robert but they had no access to him, and that Robert had not authorised them or anybody else to function on his behalf.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’