Probe into chopper scam should be monitored by SC: Yashwant Sinha
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha today said that the CBI probe into the VVIP helicopter deal should be monitored by the Supreme court
"BJP will prefer the entire investigation by the CBI to be monitored by the Supreme Court," Sinha told reporters here.
He said the alleged kickbacks in the deal had created a suspicion in the mind of the Opposition because it was not known who were beneficiaries.
Sinha said he would be one of the main speakers from BJP in Parliament on the chopper deal issue.
On allegations against the erstwhile NDA regime for initiating the Agusta Westland deal, Sinha said if that was the fact why did the present government not strike down the deal.
"The UPA should stop putting the blame on the NDA government in every deal," he said.
"Whatever a deal is done by the Defence Ministry for buying aircraft to strengthen its requirement ultimately it turns out to be a scam.
It is really a matter of concern," Sinha said, adding the next deal for procuring aircraft should be handled carefully.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations