Probe into fake pictures of Delhi rape victim on site
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Kerala police's cyber wing — Hitech Inquiry Cell — has begun a probe into the uploading of the photograph of an engineering student from the state on a social networking site claiming it as the picture of the Delhi gangrape victim.
The investigation followed a complaint from the Kerala girl's father who said the matter had caused distress and pain to his daughter.
Sources in police said an unidentified person had uploaded the photograph of the 21-year-old girl as the rape victim thinking that it was the picture of the Delhi rape victim.
The 21-year-old has the same name which a section of media had given to the Delhi rape victim.
Police are yet to track down the suspect.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow