Probe into fake pictures of Delhi rape victim on site
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Kerala police's cyber wing — Hitech Inquiry Cell — has begun a probe into the uploading of the photograph of an engineering student from the state on a social networking site claiming it as the picture of the Delhi gangrape victim.
The investigation followed a complaint from the Kerala girl's father who said the matter had caused distress and pain to his daughter.
Sources in police said an unidentified person had uploaded the photograph of the 21-year-old girl as the rape victim thinking that it was the picture of the Delhi rape victim.
The 21-year-old has the same name which a section of media had given to the Delhi rape victim.
Police are yet to track down the suspect.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet