Producers disappointed after Sam Mendes says no to next Bond
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
James Bond producer Barbara Broccoli says she is disappointed that Sam Mendes has decided not to return as a director for the next 007 movie after Skyfall.
The Oscar-winning filmmaker is credited with directing the most successful Bond movie with Skyfall earning USD 1.1 billion at the box office besides winning two Oscars last month, the Telegraph reported.
Broccoli said she and the franchise were "devastated that he decided not to do the next one."
"He's done it – he has made one of the most successful films ever. We hope that we will be able to get him back," she said while speaking at the South Bank Sky Arts Awards recently.
Mendes called directing Skyfall as "one of the best experiences of my professional life" but decided not to return for the franchise because of his theatre and other professional commitments.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'