Professions that attract most psychopaths revealed
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Psychopaths tend to gravitate towards and thrive in professions that offer power and require cutthroat decision making, a new book has claimed.
'The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success' outlines the ten jobs psychopaths are most likely, and least likely, to be found in.
In the workplace, psychopaths are characterised by their attempts to try to undermine and "mentally destroy" their co-workers to feed their need for a sense of power and domination over other human beings.
A leading psychotherapist recently warned Australian bosses that they need to implement strategies to manage workplace psychopaths because they exist in most large companies.
"They don't suffer any guilt or remorse, or in fact they enjoy the suffering of other people," News.com.au quoted Dr John Clarke as telling a conference in Tasmania.
According to the Business Insider, the book says that psychopaths are drawn to and thrive in roles where people need the ability to make "objective, clinical decisions divorced from feelings."
Top jobs for psychopaths are:
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held