Projects commissioned during Vibrant Gujarat summits dip by 70%
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
These figures related to commissioning of projects are part of the larger database that the state government collects to evaluate the status of various industrial projects during a particular year.
Between 2003-2012 (that saw five Vibrant Gujarat summits), agreements for a total of 5,263 large projects — worth Rs 8.9 lakh crore — were inked with the government. Gujarat (as on October 31, 2012) has 3,400-odd projects worth about Rs 8 lakh crore, carry the "under implementation" tag, shows government figures.
As per the latest figures, among the districts, Surat has the most projects (over 650) that are under implementation, followed by Kutch (600), Bharuch (460), Ahmedabad (330), Valsad (290) and Vadodara (266). Chemical and petrochemical sector has the most number of under implementation projects (875 projects), followed by textiles (500) and infrastructure (330).
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow