Promotions are quite scary: Sridevi
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Bollywood diva Sridevi, who is returning to the silver screen after a gap of 15 years with 'English Vinglish', has been on a promotional spree for her comeback film but says she finds it scary.
The 49-year-old actress, who ruled the silver screen during the late 1980s and early 1990s, has made her presence felt in popular TV reality shows besides doing other appearances but the
"Promotions are quite scary. It is really difficult. Earlier it used to be just few magazines. But now there are so many things involved while releasing a film. It is difficult but slowly I am getting used to it and enjoying it," Sridevi, who was in the capital to promote the film, told reporters.
The actress, who was dressed in a white chiffon full sleeve blouse and red pants, however, is happy with the positive changes in the industry.
"It (the industry) has changed a lot in terms of technology, technicians and also in terms of content. The films are being made on bold subjects.
"The audience wants to see something different and the filmmakers are giving them that. They are not afraid of taking risks. So, overall it is a very positive change," said the actress.
In 'English Vinglish', directed by first time director Gauri Shinde, wife of film-maker R Balki, Sridevi will be seen playing the central role of a conservative Indian housewife 'Shashi', who rediscovers her self-esteem by sneaking into English classes during a visit to New York for a family wedding.
Asked why did she decide to take up a de-glamourised role in her comeback film, Sridevi said, "I never realised that it was a de-glamourised role. The character Shashi is so real, so relatable that I never thought about my look in the film." Sothern superstar Rajinikanth, actor Hrithik Roshan and Amitabh Bachchan have praised her performance and Sridevi said that it has given her and the team a much needed confidence boost.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow