Property dealer found brutally murdered in car
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Some morning walkers on Pakhowal Road spotted a blood-stained body lying in a Bolero today. The driver of the car, who was still strapped with the safety belt, had been stabbed several times and there was blood all over.
The walkers immediately called up the police, after which Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Gurpreet Singh Toor, ADCP Joginder Singh, ACP Gurpreet Purewal, trainee PPS Officer Vijay Alam Singh and Sarabha Nagar Station House Officer (SHO) Mandeep Singh reached the stop. A team of finger experts and a squad of sniffer dogs were pressed into action.
While the police have registered a case against unknown persons, the deceased has been identified as Pritam Singh, a property dealer, and a resident of Manakwala village. According to the police, Pritam Singh had been stabbed with a sharp weapon and the killers had even taken away a bag containing Rs 2.5 lakh and three mobile phones belonging to Pritam Singh. Pritam Singh's body was found near Guru Amar Das Nagar on Pakhowal Road.
DCP Toor informed, "Pritam Singh's wife Surinder Kaur and son Lakhwinder Singh had registered a complaint of his missing with the Dugri and Sadar police. His family claimed that he had called his wife on Wednesday evening and said that he was on his way back home and was to collect his medicines on the way. After this, all contact with him was lost as his mobile phones were switched off."
Pritam Singh's family was informed in the morning. His son Lakhwinder said that he used to carry cash sometimes as he dealt with property. The cops, who were at first looking at the personal enmity angle, now say that it could be case of loot that led to murder.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held