PSLV launch: Asteroid-hunter, smartphone on board satellites
As the name suggests, 'Scream in space' app will allow a chosen few to test how they would sound in the space. Based on the creativity of the videos, those chosen will be able to speak via phone and their voice will be recorded through a microphone in orbit. The app, 'iTesa' will record the magnetic field of the phone in orbit. This will test the possibility of making calls from outer space in the future. The last app, 'The STRaND Data', will monitor the satellite telemetry of the smartphone. The 3.5-kg STRaND satellite also has a 3D printed part — an apparent first in space.
UniBRITE and BRITE are the other satellites onboard. These microsatellites, weighing 14 kg each, will study the brightest stars by observing their temperature variations.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow