PU placement cell to meet today
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
The Central Placement Cell of Panjab University is all set to start the process of placements.
The cell is going to organise a meeting on Thursday to decide the issues related to the recruitment drive. The students of PU can hope for the placement drive in January next year.
Speaking to Indian Express, Honorary Director, Central Placement Cell, Suresh K Chadha said, "We are holding a meeting on Thursday to finalize the things for the placement and we hope to start the drive in the month of January."
When asked about whether the varsity will be putting up a cap on minimum annual package to be given to the students, he said, "Everything will be decided in the meeting to be held on Thursday".
Last time, the placement drive - Avasr- was started in the month of March and former PU Vice-Chancellor Prof R C Sobti had inaugurated the website in the month of February.
More than 600 companies were registered at that time.
In 2011, around 250 students out of the registered 1400 got placed in various top rung companies.
"It is is good for all the students that this varsity has a Central Placement Cell. It is a platform in which all the students participate and grab the job," said Sanjeev, one of the students.
However, University Business School (UBS) has already started the placement drive. The placement drive will continue till the end of December.
A total of 42 students of UBS got placed in various top notch companies. Out of these 42, 14 are girl students. The highest package so far stood to be Rs 8.50 lakhs by Eclerx.
Placement Co-coordinator at UBS, Sanjay Kaushik said, "Both boys and girls are doing well. We hope for 100 per cent placement this year. Cipla and Trident have promised an annual package of Rs 15 lakh each and these companies will be visiting the department in the next three to four days."
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations