PUCSC demands student representative in senate
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Panjab University Campus Students' Council (PUCSC) and students' bodies have demanded that the senate should include a representative of students, by way of the nominated members.
A committee has been formed which will be headed by Barinder Singh Dhillon who will further the demands on behalf of PUCSC and will be negotiating with the higher authorities. He said that the Senate is the governing body of Panjab University. It includes the president of the teaching staff as well as non-teaching staff. However, there is no representation of students, for whom most of the policies are formed.
PUCSC President Satinder Singh Satti, said, "Only a student can represent the student's problem well in front ofthe senate and can act wisely to solve them". PUCSC General Secretary Kuldeep Sheron said, "Students representation is a must to solve the students' problems".
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet