Puducherry CPI plea to President on Finance Commission
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors vs Delhi Daredevils
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
CPI has urged President Pranab Mukherjee to ensure that the population of 2011 is taken as the base by the XIV Finance Commission in making its recommendations on various matters for determination of devolution of taxes and duties and grant in aids to States and Union Territories.
CPI Puducherry State committee Secretary R. Viswanathan has in his memorandum to President, a copy of which was released to media here today, also urged him to ensure that the union territory of Puducherry was also brought within the purview of the Fourteenth Finance Commission.
"It would be an injustice to people of Puducherry and to other States to take the 1971 population for devolution of taxes," he said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet