Pune building mishap kills 13
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A team of Pune rural police was deployed at the spot during the rescue operation. Police said samples of construction material would be sent for lab test to understand the quality of work.
Additional Superintendent of Police Ravindrasinh Pardeshi said investigation is being carried out and action would be taken against those found guilty.
Pardeshi confirmed that Abhishek Patil who was among the 13 persons who died in the mishap was a civil engineer, but there was no confirmation from the contractor. Labourers reportedly hailed from Orissa and other states.
A 41-member team of Talegaon-based unit of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) was also called in for rescue operation. Alok Awasthi, commandant of the NDRF unit, said, "We received the information at 3.50 pm and the team was despatched by 4.15 pm. We were requested by the District Disaster Management Officer (DDMO) on behalf of the district collector to depute our team and we responded immediately."
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM