Pune division holds review meet on water scarcity
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
With Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan declaring water scarcity in the state, Pune division conducted a review meeting at the council hall in the city on Monday. Attended by district collectors, chief executive officers, district supply officers, Employment Guarantee Scheme officers, irrigation, MSEB and GSDA officials, the meeting took stock of the water scarcity, fodder camps and employment issues in the division. The meeting, led by Pune Divisional Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh, conducted a detailed review of the each district. An official said that depending on the severity of water scarcity in the division, all measures are being planned ahead of summers.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'