Rapists should be stoned to death: Azam
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Prominent SP leader Mohammad Azam Khan has demanded that rapists should be "stoned" to death in public as per Islamic law. He said that capital punishment was too less for such a heinous crime. Advocating Sangsar, punishment by stoning, the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet Minister made the comments in context of the Delhi gangrape case during an interaction with reporters here on Tuesday. "Capital punishment is too less for an offence like rape. The rapist should be beaten to death by stoning as per Islamic law Sangsar," the minister said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'