Punjab eves to take on Haryana in T-20 opener
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Punjab women's cricket team led by Harmanpreet Bhullar will take on Haryana in their opening match of the T-20 North Zone cricket tournament to be held at Una in Himachal Pradesh on Sunday. Although it has been raining heavily for the past two days in Una, it remains to be seen whether the match could be played on the Sunday afternoon at the Himachal Pradesh University ground in Una. The Punjab team that is coached by Roop Basant forms a formidable combination both in the batting and the bowling departments While its batting revolves around captain Harmanpreet Bhullar, Anureet Dua, Praveen Khan and Reva Arora, its bowling rests on the shoulders of Harpreet Dhillon, Moksha Chadhary and Mehak Kesar. The Punjab team will see competition from Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir and Haryana during the championship. All teams will play league matches in the competition and top two teams will further qualify for the national T-20 tournament.
Team: Harmanpreet Bhullar (Captain), Harpreet Dhillon, Anureet Dua, Reva Arora, Praveen Khan, Sneh Rana, Moksha Chaudhary, Sharanjeet Kaur, Mehak Kesar, Tanya Bhatia, Ritu Singh, Aakriti Sharma, Renu Verma, Meenu Slathia and Juhi Jain. Coach: Roop Basant, Manager: Shailla Jain.
Tennis meet from February 25
Chandigarh:Harvest Tennis Academy will conduct HTA-AITA Championship Series for boys and girls in u-16, u-18 (singles and doubles) at Jassowal, Ludhiana, from February 25 to March 1. Top ranked players from all over India will be participating in the tournament and the qualifying events will be held on February 23 and 24. The main draw for boys and girls would be of 32 players out of which 20 will get direct entries, four wildcards and eight will be qualifiers. Also, the draw for doubles would be of 16 with 14 direct entries and two wildcards. Interested players can register their names at the HTA office between 12 pm to 2 pm on February 22 in person. The players must carry their original ITN card for the entry.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Mumbai police say they too may seek custody of arrested pacer
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet