Pvt cos buying from CIL won’t need security deposit
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Power minister Jyotiraditya Scindia has been told by his coal counterpart that pending formal re-allocation of three blocks, Chatti-Bariatu, Kerandari and Chatti-Bariatu (South), NTPC can formally apply for new coal blocks which has been advertised by the coal ministry. Once the procedural issues are sorted out, the three blocks would be restored to the power giant, the official said.
"Please appreciate that despite our willingness to ink FSAs some power companies are yet to do it. They are not doing so because they are comfortable getting the fuel through the MoU route. We cannot be held accountable for their indifference," another coal ministry official said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations