Bihar minister alleges plot to defame Modi
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Bihar's Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister Giriraj Singh, an avowed supporter of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, on Thursday said his party BJP's decision to not field any leaders from Bihar for campaigning in Gujarat indicated a "conspiracy" was at work to "defame" Modi.
"I can see a conspiracy is at work to defame Modi by not calling BJP leaders from Bihar to campaign in Gujarat," Giriraj Singh said.
Media reports about Modi giving a snub to Bihar BJP leaders also appeared to be aimed at creating confusion in the party and to defame him, Singh said.
The minister said doors had not been shut for party leaders from Bihar and 200 leaders and workers, including him, would go to Gujarat for electioneering later.
BJP plays down row over 'star campaigners'
New Delhi: Playing down reports of BJP not fielding any Muslim face or leader from Bihar for campaigning in poll-bound Gujarat, the party on Thursday said all its party leaders will campaign in the state.
"Let me assure you that every leader from BJP who would go over to Gujarat will certainly be going over to campaign...We are certainly having most leaders campaign in Gujarat," party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
"If there is any misgiving about it, please remove it," she said, adding that CM Narendra Modi had himself extended an open invitation to all leaders to come and campaign in Gujarat.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow