- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Ultratech Cement Q3 net at Rs 601 crore
MUMBAI: Impacted by higher raw material and logistics costs, Ultratech Cement's third quarter net profit dipped marginally to Rs 601 crore, from Rs 617 crore in the same quarter last fiscal. Net sales of the company, however, increased to Rs 4,857 crore in Q3, compared to Rs 4,565 crore in the same period a year ago, Ultratech Cement said in a statement on Saturday. Total expenses of the company rose to Rs 4,072 crore from Rs 3,833 crore a year ago. The company's on-going capacity expansion plans towards setting up of additional clinkerisation plants at Chhattisgarh and Karnataka were on track.
Network18, TV18 turn profitable in Q3
NEW DELHI: Led by strong performances in broadcasting and digital businesses, Network18 Media and Investments posted a consolidated net profit of Rs 6.84 crore for October-December 2012 period, after many quarters of loss. Its arm, TV18 Broadcast, also turned profitable with a consolidated net profit of Rs 21.3 crore for the reported quarter. The entities had a net loss of Rs 22.57 crore (Network18) and Rs 40.6 crore (TV18) in the previous sequential quarter as well. Network18's consolidated revenues for the third quarter of this financial year stood at Rs 697.4 crore, up about 52 per cent from 510.08 crore in the same period last year.
Mahindra Lifespace Q3 net dips 66%
New Delhi: Mahindra Lifespace Developers on Saturday reported 65.68 per cent decrease in its standalone profit after tax for the quarter ended December 31, 2012, at Rs 13.56 crore. The company had posted a net profit of Rs 39.51 crore in the corresponding quarter previous year, Mahindra Lifespace Developers said. The standalone income from operations during the third quarter also went down by 60.06 per cent to Rs 61.41 crore from Rs 153.77 crore in the year-ago period.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations