Quick view : Gold edges up in thin trade, silver remains steady
Gold edges up in thin trade, silver remains steady
Gold prices edged up by R10 to R28,900 per 10 gm on Thursday on scattered buying by retailers for the ongoing wedding season amid a firming global trend. However, silver held steady at R56,600 per kg in the absence of worthwhile support. Buying activity in gold picked up on local buying and a firming trend in overseas market as European debt crisis raised demand.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow