- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
ACC net up 52%; Ambuja Cements net up 77%
ACC said its third-quarter profit rose 52% to R241.96 crore, compared with R159.29 crore in the corresponding quarter last year. However, sales grew a tepid 12% hurt by weak demand from the construction sector and a prolonged monsoon. It clocked in sales of R2,555.90 crore during the quarter, against R2,284 crore in the corresponding period last year. Meanwhile, Ambuja Cements' profit rose 77% to R304 crore for the third quarter ended September, compared with R171 crore in the corresponding period last year. Ambuja Cements' net sales grew 20% to R2,168 crore during the period.
Hindustan Zinc posts 15% rise in profit
Hindustan Zinc reported a 15% rise in profit for the fiscal second quarter as strong sales of silver helped offset a marginal decline in sales of lead and zinc. July-Sept net profit rose to R1,539.79 crore, from R1,344.69 crore, a year earlier. The company's profit was also propped up by a 32% increase in other income to R539.76 crore. Net sales rose nearly 9% to R2,822.30 crore. Silver metal nearly doubled to R448.99 crore. Zinc and lead sales, however, fell marginally to R2,296.77 crore.
Dish TV reports profit of R55 crore in Sept quarter
Dish TV, the only listed DTH company, reported a profit of R55 crore in the quarter ended September against a loss of R32.3 crore in the previous quarter. The profit was driven by exceptional gain of R76 crore during the quarter. After removing that exceptional gain, the net loss of the company stood at R21 crore, which has been declining on quarter-on-quarter basis. The company also reversed finance costs of R94.4 crore during the quarter. Total income from operations increased by 2.6% to R533.6 crore in the three-months ended September from R520 crore in the June quarter.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’