- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Steel and power producer Monnet Ispat and Energy's standalone net profit declined by 7.34% at R71.29 crore in the second quarter of the current fiscal on higher finance costs and tax expenses. The company had reported R76.94 crore net profit in the July-September quarter of the last fiscal, it said in a filing to the BSE. Net income of the company during the quarter, however, went up to R549.40 crore compared with R458.55 crore in the year ago period.
Vedanta seeks Moily's nod for exploration
Vedanta Resources chairman Anil Agarwal has sought intervention of the new oil minister M Veerappa Moily to help his group firm Cairn India raise output from the Rajasthan oil fields by allowing further exploration the prolific block. Cairn India is looking to increase Rajasthan field output from current level of 175,000 barrels per day (bpd) to 300,000 bpd (15 million tons per annum) and had several months back made an application to the oil ministry seeking permission to explore within the ring-fenced development area that contains 25 oil and gas finds.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet