- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Ex-US Prez George HW Bush in intensive care
Former President George HW Bush is in intensive care at a Houston hospital in "guarded condition," family spokesman Jim McGrath said. The 88-year-old was admitted to hospital November 23 for bronchitis. "The president is alert and conversing with medical staff, and is surrounded by family," McGrath said in a statement. "Following a series of setbacks including a persistent fever, President Bush was admitted to the intensive care unit at Methodist Hospital on Sunday where he remains in guarded condition," McGrath said.
Flights canceled as storm pounds eastern US
A powerful winter storm forced the cancellation of about 200 US flights on Thursday, snarling holiday travel as heavy snow and high winds pummeled the northeastern United States. The National Weather Service forecast 12 to 18 inches (30.5 to 46 cm) of snow for northern New England as the storm moved northeast out of the lower Great Lakes, where it dumped more than a foot (30.5 cm) of snow in parts of Michigan. The storm front was accompanied by freezing rain and sleet. The Ohio River Valley and the Northeast were under blizzard and winter storm warnings.
Italy's borrowing costs rise ahead of elections
Italy's borrowing costs have risen slightly in an auction of six-month bonds held in the wake of Prime Minister Mario Monti's resignation. The Italian Treasury sold the (euro) 8.5 billion ($11.24 billion) in paper Thursday, but the interest rate charged on the bond was 0.949%, up from 0.919% in November's auction. Demand was 1.57 times the amount on offer. Italy's borrowing costs have fallen over the past year thanks to Premier Mario Monti's reforms and the European Central Bank's offer to buy up bonds in countries struggling with their debts.
China's industrial profit growth gathers steam
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet