R R Patil says Congress a pain for NCP
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil came down heavily upon the Congress on Sunday and said the party has become "a pain" for the NCP.
"Because of the Congress party's corrupt practices and its leaders going to jail, the Congress has become a pain for the NCP," Patil said while addressing a party election rally for the November 4 civic elections at Dahanu in Thane district.
In his hard hitting speech, he said that the Congress had become a liability for the NCP.
"There was a time when Congress leaders fought the British and were imprisoned, but today Congress leaders are imprisoned for rampant corrupt practices," he said.
Elections to the Dahanu Municipal Council will be held on November 4 and the counting on the next day.
There are 100 candidates in the fray for 23 seats in the council and around 37,000 voters will cast their votes to select their representatives.
Like the Congress and the NCP, the Shiv Sena and the BJP are also contesting municipal council elections on their own.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’