Racism named biggest of the modern 'seven deadly sins'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Racism has been named the biggest sin in today's society ranked even above 'terrorism', a new study has found.
According to the research, binge-drinking, domestic violence, tax evasion, racism, terrorism, bullying and bigotry constitute seven deadly sins in today's society.
Racism has been named as the biggest sin of today, ranked even above 'terrorism' the 'Daily Star' reported.
Racism is described by the Oxford dictionary as 'the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races'.
The poll, carried out by TV channel CBS Reality, has branded the original sins of wrath, envy, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust and pride as outdated.
These seven deadly sins have been given a modern makeover.
"The research has really opened our eyes as to the strength of public feeling toward some of the biggest issues today," the paper quoted Director of programming Sam Rowden as saying.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held