Five-year-old gangraped in North Delhi, battling for life
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
A five-year-old girl is battling for life in GTB Hospital, where she was admitted after she was abducted and gangraped by two men in New Seemapuri, Northeast Delhi.
Her condition, according to police, is critical and she is under observation.Police said the girl was playing outside her house when the men, who were on a motorcycle, abducted her. The men rode to a secluded spot and took turns to rape her. The men have not been identified yet, police said.
"The girl was dumped in the nearby bushes, where she lay bleeding for over two hours. She was spotted by a passerby, who made a PCR call. The PCR team rushed the girl to the hospital, where a medical examination was conducted," a senior police officer said.
A case of rape, criminal intimidation and abduction has been registered. Police said during investigation they learnt that the girl's mother too had been raped by three men four months ago. While two of them were arrested, police could not trace the third accused.
Police are now trying to ascertain if the third accused conspired to rape the child. "We are trying to ascertain if the accused who had allegedly raped the girl's mother is involved in the case. We are on the lookout for the accused and hope to nab them soon," an officer said.
In another incident, a junior engineer posted with Delhi Jal Board was arrested for befriending a woman on a matrimonial website and raping her on the pretext of marrying her. The woman told police that the man promised to marry her and established a physical relationship with her. She said the man later refused to marry her.
A case of rape was registered against him at Jamia Nagar police station.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'