Rahman appears at press meet, but Games anthem still a mystery
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Meanwhile, Rahman said he had read a lot of negative stories by Indian media about the Games. "I am sure this is not true. We are definitely doing a lot of positive things here. I hope those are also noticed," he said.
Asked if the song would be anything like Shakira's Waka Waka, Rahman said, "No. I am not trying to replicate Waka Waka here. It is a complex song with complex rhythm structures. I wanted to go beyond what already exists. It is a little difficult to explain, but I am sure you will like it once you hear it." Rahman is also planning an an ode to Mahatma Gandhi and the country's rich cultural heritage at the opening ceremony.
Creative Core Committee members, including filmmakers Shyam Benegal and Bharat Bala and Kathak exponent Shovana Narayan, were also present.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held