Rahul Dravid, Mary Kom to get Padma Bhushan
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
27-year-old Vijay had won the silver in 25m rapid fire pistol shooting event while 30-year-old Yogeshwar had won a bronze in the 60kg free style category.
Yogeshwar had won the gold medal in the 2003 Commonwealth Wrestling Championship.
Wrestler Sushil Kumar, who had created history by becoming the first Indian to win back-to-back Olympic medals, was not considered since he had won the Padma Shri in 2011 and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2009.
Vijay Kumar hails from Barsar village of Hamirpur district of Himachal Pradesh and is presently a serving Subedar Major in the Dogra Regiment (16th Battalion) Indian Army. He has been posted at Army Marksmanship Unit (AMU) Mhow since 2003 where he is being coached by the Russian Pavel Smirnov.
Mountain climber Premlata had in May 2011 became the oldest Indian woman to have scaled the world's tallest peak, Mount Everest (29,029 ft.), at the age of 48 years.
She also became the first person from Jharkhand state to go on an expedition to Mount Everest. Her feats have earned her a listing in the Limca Book of Records.
Para athlete Girisha jumped a height of 1.74m in the final of the in men's High Jump at the London Games to finish in the silver medal position in the competition.
He become the first Indian to win a medal at that event. He is only the ninth medalist of India at Paralympics and only the third to claim silver at the Paralympics.
Manipur boxer Dingko Singh won the gold medal at 1998 Bangkok Asian Games. He also won the King's cup in Bangkok in 1997.
Bajrang Lal Takhar won the first individual rowing gold medal for India at the 2010 Asian Games held in Guangzhou. Takhar is a Naib Subedar in the Rajputana Rifles regiment of the Indian Army.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM