Rahul Gandhi thanks Karuna for his congratulatory message
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi has written a letter to DMK chief M Karunanidhi saying he is looking forward to the wisdom and support of elders in fulfilling his new responsibilities.
This comes days after DMK patriarch downplayed reports of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi not acknowledging his congratulatory message over his elevation.
In a letter dated February 6 by Gandhi, released by the DMK headquarters today, the youth Congress leader thanked Karunanidhi for his "gracious words."
"I am writing to thank you for your gracious words and sentiments upon my assuming new responsibilities in Congress party. I look forward to the wisdom, counsel and support of eleders in fulfilling my new responsibilities," he said.
The DMK patriarch had recently blamed a section of the media for making it an issue when asked about reports that his greeting had not even been responded to by Gandhi and also that he had not given an audience to his party leaders while
in Delhi early this week.
"Your abiding interest in the youth of our country and your earnest commitment to the advancement of rural areas and farmers are all well-known," the DMK chief had said in a faxed message to Gandhi.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations