Rahul Gandhi to visit Amethi tomorrow
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
This pocket-borough of Nehru-Gandhi family is gearing up to welcome Rahul Gandhi, who will arrive here tomorrow for the first time after his ascension as Congress vice president.
His two-day visit was cancelled yesterday due to bad weather. Enthusiasm of the locals about his visit could be gaugedfrom the graffiti on the walls and the Congress tricolour painted on them.
Slogans like 'yuvaon ne thana hai, Rahul ko PM banana hai' (Youth have resolved to make Rahul the Prime Minister), 'Yuvaon me hai nayi umang, aao chalo Rahul ke sang' (Youth have new enthusiasm, let us support Rahul) have come up on the walls in the constituency.
After his arrival at the Fursatganj airport, Rahul would hold a road show and inaugurate projects worth Rs 3 crores in Tiloi area, his representative Chandrakant Dubey said today.
On the second day of his visit on Friday, he is scheduled to hold meetings with party workers and office-bearers in Bhetya area before leaving for Delhi.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet