Rahul Gandhi yet to meet us, says Delhi gangrape victim's family
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The family of the 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim om Friday rued that Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi did not come to meet them or even call them up.
"We are sad that Rahul, who is known for visiting people in distress, did not come to meet us. He even did not make a call," the brother of the girl said.
He said when the body of her sister was brought from Singapore, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi had met them but they have not heard anything from Rahul yet.
"The outrage expressed by people of the country over what happened with my sister has proved to be a catalyst for change. We are hopeful that such unfortunate incidents would not recur in the future," he said.
About the allegation made by the lawyer of the accused that they had been tortured by the police, he said whatever they say or do would not help them as there was enough proof regarding the brutal incident.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'